- Altera EP2C35 Cyclone II
- 32-bit DDR2 SDRAM Memory
- HDMI Transmitter / Receiver
- Analog / Video Receiver
- Dual LVDS Links
- Supports 720p / 1080i / 1080p 50/60 Hz HDTV
The Microtronix ViClaro II HD Video Enhancement Development Platform is targetted at the development of consumer HD video display and imaging systems. The ViClaro II incorporates an Altera Cyclone II FPGA to allow display designers and ASSP vendors to test next-generation picture enhancement features for their products and meets the needs of changing display technology, rather than being tied to lengthy application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) development cycles.
The board is an excellent platform for quickly creating, testing, and deploying new picture enhancement algrothims. The HDMI transmitter and receiver support the de-facto standard high definition (HD) TV digital interface. The dual LVDS links are 1080p bandwidth capable and support 50/60 Hz HDTV display systems. When combined with IP, the board can be used to convert or enhance video quality. Applications include; motion judder removal, 720p - 1080p scaling, frame rate conversion, motion-adaptive filtering, or colour enhancements.
The platform can support the development of:
- IP cores for matching ASSP Video Display Processor to a variety of LCD panels
- Enhancements to display quality or incorporation of video features including:
- Conversion of video format
- Dynamic video image scaling
- LCD panel re-timing
- Image filtering
- Color conversion/enhancement
- Video/image processing
Includes 1-Year OpenCore Plus licenses:
- Avalon Multi-port SDRAM Memory Controller IP Core
- Streaming Multi-port SDRAM Memory Controller IP Core
- HyperDrive Multi-port DDR2 Memory Controller IP Core
- Video LVDS Transmitter / Receiver IP Core
- I2C Master / Slave / PIO IP Core
- HDMI Transmitter/Receiver
- HDMI video looped through DDR2 memory
- Supports 720p, 1080i & 1080p video & frame capture and display
The supplied Quartus reference designs demonstrate the performance capabilities of the Microtronix Streaming Multi-port SDRAM Memory Controller IP Core, for supporting HD video applications. The reference designs support HD video resolutions of 720p, 1080i and 1080p at refresh rates of both 50/60 Hz and provides the building block for next generation video systems.
Need 1080i/1080p or custom HD Video IP development?
Please contact sales.
Note: The HDMI ports can be converted to DVI using external adapter cables