Target Broadcast Applications
- Video cameras
- Digital Video Recorder's
- Video switches
- Video editing systems
Microtronix bundles an HDMI Transmitter/Receiver board, an Triple-rate SDI card and a suite of Quartus II Reference Designs with the Altera Stratix 3SL150 Development Kit to provide a complete 3G-SDI Broadcast Video IP Development solution.
The kit leverages the power of our world-class Multi-port DDR2 Memory Controller IP Core for building SD/HD and SD/HD/3G 3G SDI based broadcast video processing systems. The Quartus Avalon-ST based reference designs demonstrate how to architect Avalon multi-master systems, and leverages the full power of Stratix III devices for building high-performance, and logic-intensive HD video broadcast systems.
The kit includes:
- Altera Stratix III 3SL150 Development Kit
- National Semiconductor SDALTEVK SD/HD/3G SDI Adapter daughter card
- Microtronix HDMI Transmitter/Receiver HSMC daughter card
- Microtronix Avalon Multi-Port DDR2 Memory Controller and I2C Controller IP core licenses
- Suite of video Reference Designs supporting HDMI video and SD/HD/3G SDI broadcast interfaces
Altera Stratix III Kit
- Altera Stratix III EP3SL150 C2 speed grade FPGA
- DDR2 SDRAM: 1-GByte DIMM and 16-MByte discrete devices
- 72-MBit QDRII/+ SRAM
- 4-MByte SSRAM
- 64-MByte flash memory
- Dual HSMC expansion connector
- Triple-speed Ethernet PHY
- USB 2.0 PHY
- Miscellaneous I/O, LEDs, LCD displays, switches etc.
Microtronix HDMI Transmitter/Receiver Daughter Card
- HDMI v1.1 Receiver & Transmitter
- Analog YCrCb video receiver
- Supports 480i / 720p / 1080i /1080p @ 50/60 Hz
National SDALTEVK SD/HD/3G SDI Daughter Card
- 2 SD/HD/3G SDI serializer & cable driver
- 1 SD/HD/3G SDI deserializer & equlizer
- 1 Multi-format video sync separator
- Multi-rate video clock generator with genlock
Quartus HD Video Reference Designs
The supplied Quartus HD Video Reference Designs are based on Altera's Avalon-ST Video Framework, SDI/ASI and Avalon Video IP (VIP) Framework suite of cores and leverage the high bandwidth memory efficiency of the Microtronix Avalon Multi-port DDR2 Memory Controller for building high-resolution video broadcast systems.
Triple-rate SDI Broadcast Designs:
The SDI interfaces support Standard Definition SMPTE 259M (SD-SDI) interface, High Definition SMPTE 292M (HD-SDI) interface, and 3G SMPTE 424M (3G-SDI) video streams.
Reference designs demonstrate the delivery of 480i, 720p, 1080i and 1080p video from/to the HDMI ports over a looped SD, HD and 3G SDI interface.
Altera Motion Adaptive Deinterlacer:
An example design is supplied for the Altera's VIP Motion Adaptive Deinterlacer. It supports:
Picture-in-Picture and Scaler:
The Picture-in-Picture (PIP) reference design is based on Altera's Video IP (VIP) suite of cores. It supports:
- Graphics overlay
- HD Video Frame capture
- Dynamic 480p to 1080p scaler
Microtronix IP Cores
The Microtronix Multi-port DDR2 Memory Controller provides the key building block for building high-resolution video processing solutions for broadcast applications. In a multi-port video system, the core achieves stellar performance having a memory access efficiency in excess of 95%. On the Altera Stratix III board, the core is capable of driving the 64-bit DDR memory interface at 333 MHz, for data rate of 42 Gbps.
The kit includes an OpenCore Plus Licenses for Microtronix IP Cores:
- Avalon Multi-port DDR2 Memory Controller IP Core
- I2C Master Controller IP Core