Target Broadcast Applications
- SDI video cameras
- Bridging of DBV-ASI sources using video-over-IP
- Remote monitoring of a DBV-ASI TS using video-over-IP
- Digital Video Recorder's
- Video switches
- Video editing systems
Microtronix bundles a Gigabit Ethernet PHY / HDMI 1.3 Transmitter HSMC Daughtercard, National Semiconductor SDALTEVK SD/HD/3G SDI Adapter Daughter Card and Quartus Reference Designs to provide a complete video over IP development solution. The Quartus Video Over IP reference design implements a system that bridges between MPEG transport stream (TS) video data and Ethernet based internet protocol (IP) networks.
The Microtronix Video Over IP Add-on Kit supports the following development boards:
- Altera Cyclone III EP3C120
- Altera Stratix III EP3SL150
- Microtronix ViClaro III (Cyclone III EP3C120)
- National Semiconductor SDALTEVK SD/HD/3G SDI Adapter Daughter Card
- Gigabit Ethernet PHY / HDMI Transmitter HSMC Daughter Card
Included Suite of Microtronix IP Core*
- Avalon Multi-port DDR2 Memory Controller IP Core
- I2C Master Controller IP Core
- UDP and RTP IP Cores (supporting Video-over-IP)
The supplied Quartus HD Video Reference Designs are based on Altera's Avalon-ST Video Framework, ASI and VIP suite of cores and leverage the high bandwidth memory efficiency of the Microtronix Avalon Multi-port DDR2 Memory Controller for building high-resolution video broadcast systems.
- Video-over-IP: The Video Over IP reference design supports transmission of a MPEG-2 transport stream video stream between two DVB-ASI endpoints using video-over-IP on an Ethernet network. The design demonstrates monitoring of a DVB-ASI transport stream from a PC using an Ethernet IP connection.
- Triple-rate SDI Broadcast Designs: The SDI interfaces support Standard Definition SMPTE 259M (SD-SDI) interface, High Definition SMPTE 292M (HD-SDI) interface, and 3G SMPTE 424M (3G-SDI) video streams. Reference designs demonstrate the transport of 480i, 720p, 1080i and 1080p video from/to the HDMI ports over a looped SD, HD and 3G SDI interface.
*Note: Microtronix provides a one year OpenCore Plus license for the included suite of IP