- Camera Link Transceiver IP Core supporting:
- Standard Base, Medium & Full Channel Link interfaces
- 8, 10, and 12-bit video resolutions
- Transmission clock rates to 85 MHz.
- Bi-directional serial Camera Link communication
- Configuration GUI streamlines design process
- Software dll for Camera Link serial communication
- Reference design for ViClaro III & Altera Cyclone III Dev Kits
- Targets Cyclone II, III, and IV devices
The Microtronix Camera Link Design Kit targets designers building vision systems incorporating Camera Link™ communication interfaces. The design kit hardware consists of a Quad-link LVDS Interface HSMC Daughter Card, the HDMI Transmitter HSMC Daughter Card and two MDR26 Camera Link cables for connecting peripheral devices. The kit includes a 1-year OpenCore Plus evaluation license for the Microtronix Camera Link Transceiver IP core.
The Camera Link Design Kit comes complete with Quartus reference design for the Microtronix ViClaro III and Altera Cyclone III Dev Kits supporting a standard Base Channel Link configuration. The design example takes a Camera Link input from a digital camera and outputs the video to a HDMI monitor using the Microtronix HDMI Transmitter HSMC Daughter Card.
The designs are built around Altera’s video IP framework and demonstrate 24-bit RGB frame capture, video scaling, the use of camera control signals and serial communication. The designs can easily be modified to support 10 and 12-bit video data streams.
The Camera Link Design Kit is specifically targeted at industrial video applications including:
- Industrial vision systems
- High-speed video interconnects
- Camera Link frame grabber devices
- Camera Link interface conversion
- Camera Link video processing equipment
Kit Contents and Deliverables
- Microtronix Quad-link LVDS Interfaces HSMC Daughter Card. (PN: 6253-01-01)
- Microtronix HDMI Transmitter HSMC Daughter Card. PN: (6256-00-00)
- Two MDR26 Camera Link Cables
- Microtronix 1-year OpenCore Plus IP core license for Camera Link Transceiver IP core
- Reference Designs
- Technical Support