The Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) HSMC board provides a hardware platform for evaluating the interoperation of Altera FPGA, specifically Stratix IV GX, Arria GX, and Arria IIGX, with generic SFP modules. The optical modules that are of particular importance are SGMII Ethernet, Fiber channel, CPRI/OBSAI, and SONET.
- High Speed Mezzanine Card (HSMC)
- 8 SFP Connectors
- 4 Transceiver Based SFPs
- 4 LVDS Based SFPs
- 12 SMAs
- 2 Transceiver RX pair (2 SMAs)
- 2 Transceiver TX pair (2 SMAs)
- 1 LVDS Clock Input SMA pair (2 SMAs)
- 2 Single-ended Clock output SMAs
- 1 LVDS Clock Output SMA pair (2 SMAs)
- 1 LVPECL Clock Output SMA pair (2 SMAs)
- Differential SMA
- The SFP HSMC board connects with Altera Stratix III FPGA Development Kit
- The SFP HSMC board connection to the Altera DE4 Development and Education Board
Note. One adapters (HFM2) required to connect DVI-HSMC with DE4. They are bundled in DE4 kit.